"I had skills that other people didn't have" - Larry Bird reveals source of his confidence





Larry revealed that his skills didn't come out of thin air, which in turn influenced his confidence and trash-talking. 


Behind a big mouth, there should always be the necessary skills and actions to back it up. Larry Bird, an outstanding player and a master of trash talk, epitomizes this principle like no other. 


The iconic Hall of Famer recently shared his thoughts on this subject, providing an intriguing perspective that encapsulates the core of his trademark confidence and verbosity. "My confidence came from me shooting basketball by myself for hours upon hours. 


I mean, I didn't pick up a ball on a Saturday and decide I was going to score 40 a game. That preparation came way before that. I've played a lot of basketball in my life and done a lot of shooting from every angle, from every position," Bird remarked in an interview with ‘NBA Top Shot’. 



How Bird's game and confidence evolved Through rigorous training and discipline, the young Larry, born and raised in Indiana, began to flourish in basketball. Moreover, thanks to a particular and self-addressed environment, he quickly learned the ropes of never backing down. Genetics also seemed to favor Bird, further smoothing the path to his future success. 



"Then, once I grew, you know, be 6'9", the game became a lot easier…and I had skills that other people didn't have. So, I had a lot of confidence in whatever I did out there on the basketball court," the Hall of Famer continued. 



And that included - after being drafted by the Boston Celtics in 1978 - not only dominating practically every opponent on the court but often engaging in psychological warfare through words. "Everybody talks about this trash talk and stuff, but you know it's a little bit overblown. 



I mean, I said some things, but it's the talk that's been going on and on and on,” said Bird. “You had to play the game, but some guys would say things…But mine wasn't to disrespect people. You know, sometimes you get into it with players and you say things, but more of it is just fun.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upon Reuniting With Prince Harry, Princess Diana's Brother Breaks His Silence

King Charles finally meets Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet

Meghan Markle Allows King Charles To Talk To Prince Archie And Princess Lilibet - "He is angry"